13 January 2020 | Source: Oswaal Books Editorial Board | Join the Discussion
Whether you are taking any kind of exam, a Driving Test, a GCSE or even your board exams ; exams can be tiring and exhausting. It is difficult not to worry especially when you know you have not done much revision or paid attention in class.
There is still time to get back on track and help you stop worrying about your exams.
1. Make sure you know what you should have covered in your syllabus. If you do not know ask your tutor for a run down, without this primary information it will be difficult to get revision started. The exam questions will be based on the syllabus.
2. Gather all the necessary revision material to hand i.e. workbooks, study guides, Internet searches so you have all the information you should know.
3. Write out on small A5 cards bullet points of information. You will gather the information as you read through your background studying material you just pulled together.
4. These will form the basis of your revision and from there you can work out what you know and what you do not know.
5. Focus on the topics you do not know much about so you can increase your knowledge.
6. Try and get hold of some old exam papers/sample question papers and time yourself doing the exam properly to see what you are up against.
7. Learn a method of recall ~ search for ideas on the website. I use an A - Z method but any method that works for you please use. You could try the picture method whereby you see the picture in your head that then leads to another picture.
8. Try reading your notes out loud and transferring the file onto a voice recorder. You can then carry this around with you instead of listening to music.
9. Eat healthy as brains need nourishment, sleep well as our bodies mend whilst we sleep and take rest breaks as the brain can only take in so much information at a time.
If you are prepared for an exam, you are less likely to be stressed about the exam. It will feel good arriving at the exam knowing you are ready. You may even look forward to the exciting times of being able to fill in all those test papers.
Good luck.Follow #Oswaal Books as your one-stop solution to all your academic preparations.