5 Best Ways To Make The Summer Vacation Useful
4 May |
Source: : Oswaal Books Editorial Board
Summer vacations are the most awaited part of the school year for kids as well as for the adults. The kids get break from the routine and get time to relax, unwind and indulge in a lot of other stuff. Parents can easily make plans to take them for an outing to another city, but there are other things that can be done during summer vacation as well.
While education helps in building the knowledge of students, extra curricular activities help in shaping the personality of the child. The best time to utilize in extra curricular is summer vacations. Here are some of the steps that can help in making the summer vacation not only fun but also beneficial for children:
- Indulge in a sport: even though students have sports activities in school, the best time to take up a sport seriously is during summer vacation. It pulls them out of home and leads them to be active on the field, away from the fear of becoming a gadget freak and couch potato. Some of the activities that students can indulge in are: swimming, football, cricket, badminton, tennis, yoga etc.
- Fine arts: Summer vacations keep the mind relaxed and it is the best time to get to know your creative side. Students must take up art classes as per their interest as this is the best way to get to know if you can take it up professionally in the later years.
- Nature Walks: At present because of the busy nature of human life we are deviating far from nature. Because of our busy schedules we are not enjoying the beauty of nature. Including nature walks as a part of summer vacation helps students in knowing the practical aspect of teachings in class. Let them explore the different kinds of flowers, trees and birds. Parents can also take their kids for vacation to a place that has all these activities involving nature.
- Social work: Because of a hectic work schedule, kids don’t get time to be socially involved in anything. Vacations are the perfect time to bring your kids close to humanity. Get them to join a social welfare association of their interest so that they learn the importance of these things. It could be anything from planting trees in the neighborhood to take care of animals in shelter homes. They could also try and spend some time with their grandparents and know about their past life as it will provide them with a different kind of experience altogether.
- Join a book club: Vacations are time where you can catch up with plenty of reading which you might have otherwise been unable to do. A great way to spend your vacation is to read great books, no matter in which genre your interests lie, whether it is crime, fiction, romance or even history. People often choose to join a book club where every week the group could decide on a common book they will read and when they have they will sit together and share their incites and views.